OK, the first thing that happened was when we arrived at the Visitor's Center. I looked over and Theo was lying in the grass--just lying there. I inquired as to whether he was OK and got this reply: "I'm OK, Mama, I just LOVE this grass so much!" That is a sad commentary about our lack of green space around here.
However, Virginia is a beautiful place! The weather was perfect--78-80*, and a bit overcast so no sunburns. The kids swam every night in the hotel pool, which was indoors and heated. The beds were like clouds. I mean, I've never had such a great bed, let alone in a hotel.
The beach was just as I imagined. Very sandy. There were winds from some tropical storm and the waves were very big, so the kids couldn't go out too far, but they had a ball. It was such fun just watching them! I even saw several dolphins in the distance. I wimped out and did not go in the water, but got wet anyway. It will be nice to go back when the weather is calmer and we can stay a while.
In all, it was very nice vacation, and we made more happy memories. Everyone was happy to get home, and excited for Theo's birthday. The birthday itself was a milestone for everyone. It was the first time that nobody cried or had a fit because it was someone else's birthday. That is a big deal in our world. We were proud of everyone's behavior. Theo chose three cheese enchiladas, carrots and dip, and corn for his supper. Then he opened presents, but wanted to play with them, so we had to wait for cake and ice cream. Finally, at 9pm, Sarah begged him to have the cake! He had a white cake with yellow and red trim, and 7 Power Rangers on it. After cake, he was exhausted and fell into bed, a happy little seven year old.
In other news, we came home from church to find a flyer in our door from the county sheriff' looking for info. about a homicide( !!!) near here. An 11 year old girl was killed in an apparent break in. I am freaked out about this, needless to say.
Wednesday, Matt is supposed to know if American Water gets the Bragg B contract, which will mean we stay here. If not, there are 2 years left in the A contract, and they would like him be a regional type guy, going around to other bases as they start up. Personally, I think they want him to do that even if Bragg B works out. Which might mean we could move somewhere that has grass, and seasons other than the hot season, and the not-quite-so-hot season. Time will tell, and then, I will tell you.
No comments:
Post a Comment