Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Praising God for His mercies

A friend's 3 year old nearly drowned yesterday at the pool. Nearly, as in she was blue, unconcious, not breathing when they pulled her from the pool. My friend told me today that she threw the little one's bathing suit away because she couldn't bear to see it. She said she couldn't close her eyes last night to sleep because she kept seeing her little girl floating face down in the pool.

When I heard the news, I went cold. Losing one of my children is my greatest fear. I don't know how I would live after that kind of loss--I know I wouldn't want to. Losing those that I never had the chance to know was enough and after those losses I didn't trust in God's mercy, I just got mad. Last night, though, I just immediately started to pray with all my heart. I trusted that God would work this one out, and I am so very, very grateful for the way in which He did.

At Tae Kwon Do tonight, she was running around like any 3 year old in a pink tutu. Happy, carefree, healthy. Her mama was still shaken, it was obvious.

I am so guilty of not treating everyday as the gift that it is. So guilty of not treating everyone of my family members like the irreplacable treasures that they are. God, help me remember.

No comments: