Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My favorite room in the whole house

The Pantry
I think I love this room so much because there is a place for everything, and everything is in it's place. Oh, and I hide in there sometimes, too. Don't tell the kids.

Aunt Ruth and I added those shelves on the left.
The finishing touch...it makes me happy. Here is a little crazy story about this liscense plate...
In driver's ed, Mr. Shannon (remember him, Le-Le?) taught me how to remember a plate number. You say the number, as in 812, and then attach a noun to it. Always remember the VERY FIRST THING that comes to your mind. So, mine could read 812 Lovely Red Dahlias. Or 812 Leaping Rural Dogs. You get the idea. But of course, it was ME and my mind, so the first thing that came into it was 812 Little Retarded D____(our name). I never forgot it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I always think of words too - yours made me think 812 Lord.