Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Heaven comes to North Carolina

I woke this morning to find our world here in NC very different--so different, I thought I'd never see it this way. And you know what? While everyone else was rather freaked out, I was very, very comforted. This is what happened:

Hey, we're from Iowa--give us snow in the face--we can take it!
Icicles, Mama!! Oh, look! Icicles!!!
You have to click on this one to see their faces and how happy they were. It was wonderful to watch them having fun in this unexpected, but much appreciated SNOW.
They were beside themselves with joy.
I took this one for prosperity...who knows if we'll ever see our house looking like this again?

2 comments:

Grandma Elaine said...

Hurrah!! You had snow!!! Did that help, Liz? At least it would have been warm enough to enjoy it. We have had some nice days, but back to the deep freeze on Saturday. The worst of winter will soon be past. Love and Prayers, Grandma and Pop

Laura B said...

How cool the kids got to have snow! I don't really mind - I just wish it wasn't so darn cold here!