Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Health report II

Theo is feeling better today, but after playing outside in the wind can't understand why his ear hurts. I can't understand why he won't listen when I tell him to wear a hat. I think he will sleep through the night and tomorrow will be pretty well over the pain part. Hopefully, the whining will be gone, too.

Sarah was back at the dr. today. the rash seemed to be backing off (a bit) but she was in agony with the itching part. She was up several times in the night, and ended up sleeping with me after Matt left at 4:30am. The dr. was pleased to see the improvement, but stated that he "was thinking about her last night, and hoped he would not have to hospitalize her." Poor kid--two near hospitalizations in less than a month! He gave her a prescription strength antihistamine, and I do think it is helping some. She just finished soaking in a tub of Aveeno water. Hopefully she will be tired from the antihistamine and will sleep tonight. She is crying at the drop of a hat (steroids) and is exhausted on top of it.

Marty has been nasty all day. How long will it take me to realize that any sickness, for anyone, automatically translates (in his mind) to "They are going to die. I am going to be abandoned." I guess I'm a bit of a slow learner on that issue. After I reassured him that "Sarah is not going to die, and I am not going to get sick. I will still be your mama," he was a happy camper again. It's so hard to read the fears he harbors.....another, often forgotten, issue of older child adoption.

Amy is being helpful, and will probably be fine until it's all over. Then she will fall apart, cry, talk about it, and be done with it.

Isn't it amazing how differently they all go through the same situations? I am a bit frazzled by the stress of having sick kids in somewhat serious situations; I need to get to bed earlier tonight.

Oh, and I forgot, the continuation of the fire truck post was this; the next night Timothy ate a cactus and had to be anesthetized to get the spines removed from his mouth and muzzle. What a goofball.

1 comment:

Grandma Elaine said...

On the mend, Hurrah! Love and prayers,