Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I'll just say I'm sorry first....

This is what our part of the world looks like today, the day before Thanksgiving.

I heard it's snowing in Iowa.

It's also blowing in Iowa.

It's also very cold in Iowa.

I wish I was there.


Today, I have an ache inside my heart. I truly didn't think I would be sad here at the holidays, and this has caught me off guard. I keep thinking of that cozy feeling of watching the snow and knowing your family was all going to be together tomorrow, safe and warm inside. I know, we would worry if everyone could make it, and we would worry that the roads would get bad. We would be complaining about the cold, the snow, the mess.


Natives to this climate are feeling happy and thankful, and are preparing for the holiday. I know this because I was just at Wal Mart...they are preparing, I can assure you! Tomorrow, we will travel north to Matt's aunt's house where we will have a great day, and a lot of good food and fun, I'm sure. I just wish it was cold......and snowy......and.....
Iowa.
Remember, I apologized first.

No comments: