Monday, November 5, 2007

Just reporting in...

Thought I'd update everyone on the hives. No hives or prednisone for 5 days--so far. I have been extremely careful about my food intake, and have reaped the benefits of doing so. Also, at the last Dr's visit, she worked with desensitizing me to the wheat and corn, so that has helped, too. I did discover that my shampoo has wheat in it, along with my mousse, so now I have very frizzy hair because I don't use anything except baby shampoo and conditioner. It is lovely!

Has been cooler here, and this week is predicted to have highs in the 50's*. But--the sun still shines everyday, it seems, and that is so nice. I would never have thought that I'd be wishing for the chilly winds of Iowa, but I really do miss the fall and all that it includes. Oh, OK, I don't miss the drafts and cold floors at the farm.......but you get my drift.

What else is new? Hmmm.....James is on my naughty list lately. He is so darn big, and has started jumping on the kids (and me) and knocking them down whenever they go outside. He's strong as a horse! Then, he'll lay in my lap like a wiener dog--he's funny. He's also a canine dust mop and brings in so much sand that I can sweep the kitchen floor 2-3 times a day and get a dustpan-full. I would guess the kids are helping with that, too.

Speaking of dogs, I have heard that Honey's puppies are eating solid food now, and getting bigger. Denise, if you're reading this, please send a photo-we'd love to see the second set of ten! I miss Honey a lot lately, probably because James is driving me to distraction. Sunnie the cat is now going outside daily and has lost all of his "post moving weight gain." That cat gained 7 pounds and weighed 20# in May! He was a tank.

This week is looking good. We have nothing on the calendar, except Tae Kwon Do on Wed. and piano on Thursday. I love it when that happens. I plan to bake a bit, and we will start work on our Thanksgiving unit. They kids are planning and rehearsing a play for Thanksgiving. As usual, they are obsessed with it, and I had to put the cabash on it this afternoon. I couldn't take the bickering anymore. I would imagine tomorrow they will be less fussy about it, since they know I'll can it if they fight about it. Gee, I'm so mean. I love that about me.

No comments: