Things are getting better here.
I really had a hard time not being in Iowa when members of my family were going through the sadness of losing Baby Bailey. I wouldn't have been right with them anyway, but knowing I couldn't be if I needed to be, made me a bit crazy. (Oh, and for what it's worth-which is a lot--Matt had looked up flight costs for me if I had wanted to fly back just to be there. He's great like that).
Also, I was just plain sad. Sad for Mindi and Tim, sad for Le and Bob, sad for all of us because we will not get to meet and watch Baby Bailey grow up. We can only love and wait until we meet in heaven. Life is so darn hard sometimes.
Tomorrow I have to get a filling at the dentist, then school resumes. We are at 87 days, which is almost halfway, so I am glad about that. I had thought we were around 70. At this rate, we can finish in May. We plan to continue math throughout summer. This new math program is working well for us, and the kids like it. Best of all, they are getting it, so I think we can easily get caught up to where I'd like to be for next year.
Tomorrow also begins Tae Kwon Do at the new place. The kids are a bit nervous about having a new "Master", but Master Wyatt will be back in February, and it will all be fine anyway. I forgot to mention that at the last class before Christmas a 12 year old girl confirmed on her black belt, and broke concrete. It was awesome to watch, and I think maybe I'll burst when the kids do that! Suffice it to say that nobody messes with Miss Caroline at school--I like that part of it for the kids. They will always be small and may need to protect themselves someday. Now they will have the tools to do that, along with the self confidence that comes with mastering a skill so well.
Maybe tomorrow I will have time to post some pictures......stay tuned.
1 comment:
Hi Liz: I've been enjoying getting to view your family. They are a happy lot. I hope it is getting easier for you here in the Southeast. It was a huge change for me when we located here from New York in 1978 but I love it now.
It's also nice getting to know Matt. I love blogging and hope you will visit mine too. All the best.
Post a Comment