Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Marty-boy turns 8!

He woke up with a smile
and partied with his friends

and ate pumpkin bars (not cake)


and looked like a star in his new cape with his new bike.

Here he is opening his presents from the adoring siblings.
Where have the years gone? Just yesterday wasn't he the tiny, shy boy coming down the escalator at DSM Intl. holding his papa's hand? The one I fell in love with many months before that wonderful homecoming?
Marty-man is growing up, and he's quite a sweetie pie.
The night before his birthday I told him goodnight and said it was the last time I'd have a 7 year old. I teased him about being my baby and growing up so fast. He answered,
"That's okay, Mama. I'm going to live with you forever,
but when you die, I get your house."
Is that not the funniest thing ever?!?
Happy Golden Birthday to my baby.

1 comment:

Grandma Elaine said...

Wonderful to have pictures again! Now Theo's birthday pictures should be up soon too. (Happy birthday to the five of you.) Love and Prayers,