Sunday, May 16, 2010

Yep, I built that

This is the bookcase I built for the boys' room; the first of two.
The back is bead board, though you can't tell in this photo.
Here you can see the bead board better
(a new tongue twister!).
The whole thing is on it's side here, so I could paint the bottom.
It is too hot and humid to paint in the garage, so the dining room
has morphed into a studio of sorts.
I have also finished a book rack for a baby shower gift and a picture frame for
our bathroom today. Theo is drawing a picture for my frame.
I'll share that when it's done.
I am loving my new hobby! Learning carpentry has long been a dream of mine,
and I am happy to be working at it.
Watch out, Matt; I'll be pushing for that move to Alaska soon.
There, I can build my own house without any codes or conditions.

1 comment:

Teresa Sk said...

LiZ - you amaze me!!!! Talented with so many forms of media - yarn, fabric and now wood. This looks great!!!!