Crown of Thorns and Sand
I cover a tray with sand and place a grapevine wreath on top. Dye toothpicks in strong coffee and lightly glue them to the wreath, to make the thorns.
In the center, I place a purple votive I found a t Dollar Tree last year. Usually, I put this in front of the kitchen sink on the bar. There, I can see it everyday (several times!) and am reminded that Lent is a "desert time."
On Saturday night (before Easter Sunday) after the kids are in bed, I pull the thorns off and decorate the wreath with a pretty spring ribbon and some silk flowers. A white pillar candle in the center represents the Triumph of the Cross--Jesus' ressurrection.
This stays in the same place where the desert scene was and reminds me of the Easter joy until Pentecost comes.
A side note: the location of this display is just inside our front door, where it is visible as we come and go. I have found it to be a good reminder for me to keep Lent, and then Easter, foremost in my mind when we leave the house and when we return.
1 comment:
Hello, I wasn't at church Sunday because I had a touch of the flu. I didn't want to make anyone else sick. We've been fighting it on and off this whole week.
How is everything going? My husband works midnights next week so hooray, I finally get the car! Can we make a date for next week to get together?
By the way, I know this is silly but I got tagged, so now I am tagging you. All you have to do is post a comment on my blog, tag six other people and write up six random things about yourself. The rules are on my site.
Post a Comment