100 little known facts about Me
1. I was born in Puerto Rico.
2. I have lived in 31 houses/apartments.
3. I was in a mobile home during a tornado in 1982.
4. I once owned 3 goats-Larry, Laura, and Amy.
5. I owned a car when I was 14.
6. I sold the car and bought an appaloosa named Mack.
7. I could drive a stick shift at 14.
8. I’ve had 6 miscarriages.
9. I’ve been to India twice, and loved it. I’d like to live there.
10. I won 3rd place at the state level in a “Make It With Wool” contest.
11. I started sewing for profit at age 19.
12. I’ve raised 50 chickens twice, and learned to butcher them myself.
13. I won a bet that I couldn’t eat meat from our bottle calf, Lucy.
14. I played the flute in school.
15. I dropped out of piano lessons twice.
16. One spring and summer I killed 10 snakes in my yard with an ice chopper.
17. In 1992 I canned more than 200 jars of produce from my garden.
18. I hate to paint (as in walls).
19. I used to wallpaper for hire.
20. I started wearing glasses in 7th grade.
21. I would like to have 2 more kids.
22. I could live without a dog, but not without a cat.
23. I hate sand—including beaches.
24. I am very uncomfortable watching a movie or TV without doing something else.
25. I once took my knitting to a theater and knit part of a sock there.
26. Being in a chicken coop is very peaceful to me.
27. I dream of building and living in a straw bale house.
28. I would enjoy living off-grid for a season or two.
29. I have no aunts or uncles, and have never had a 1st cousin.
30. When I was 10 years old, I still had 6 grandparents. I lost 3 of them that year.
31. I still have the dress I wore to my high school graduation.
32. I have always been a night owl.
33. For both of my high school proms, I asked the guy.
34. I love Bungalow and Mission style.
35. I only own 3 pairs of pants: sweats, and 2 jeans; one with holes and one without.
36. I am terrified of snakes and bats.
37. I have 1 friend I’ve been friends with for 29 years. (I love you, Ann Johnson).
38. I drove 1,503 miles across country with 4 kids and a cat by myself in 2006.
39. I really dislike hot weather.
40. I would like to learn to spin and weave.
41. I wish I owned a scroll saw.
42. I once wanted to go to construction school.
43. I love bakery frosting, especially cold, on cake, for breakfast.
44. When I was little, I was allergic to strawberries and crab.
45. My first car (when I had a license) was a Volvo station wagon. We called it the B.O.M.
46. I was co-captain of my high school drill team.
47. Catholicism saved my sanity.
48. I have never had a broken bone.
49. Growing up, we once had 3 dogs and 2 cats; it was bedlam.
50.I absolutely. do. not. understand Algebra.
51. I have no natural sense of direction.
52. I used cloth diapers with my first 3 kids and loved it. I even sewed them myself.
53. I have a well developed sweet tooth.
54. I am allergic to wheat, corn (starch, syrup,), potatoes, egg yolks, and trans fats.
55. I used to smoke—a lot. I quit 21 years ago.
56. I didn’t learn to ride a bike until second grade.
57. In 2007, I had hives for 4 months straight.
58. I love cheesecake. Plain is the best.
59. In 1982, I was in a (multiple) rollover car accident and walked away from it.
60. I’ve had fibromyalgia since 1991.
61. I worry a lot about having a house fire.
62. Watching blood being drawn makes me nauseous.
63. I gag almost every time I brush my teeth.
64. I listen to NPR every morning except Sunday.
65. I love “The Waltons.”
66. I detest reality TV shows.
67. I have a dream to attend a 6 wk course in Canada for bra fitting and construction.
68. I think driving a conversion van would be fun. Everyday.
69. I’ve lived in 8 states, plus Puerto Rico.
70. I will not watch scary movies.
71. My ears were pierced with ice and a needle when I was 12. It didn’t go so well.
72. I love red tulips and pink roses.
73. I would rather receive yarn or books than flowers from my husband.
74. The Rosary is my favorite prayer.
75. My least favorite household chore is vacuuming, and I dislike carpet--a lot.
76. I enjoy doing laundry.
77. I miss having a clothes line.
78. Coffee from a thermos brings back many memories for me.
79. I can tie a perfectly balanced, horizontal bow-first time, every time.
80. I love, love, LOVE, college wrestling.
81. Number 2 lead pencils are my favorite.
82. I don’t do politics.
83. My hair and eyes are my favorite features about myself.
84. One summer I worked the night shift in a nursing home.
85. I once quit a job before I even started it.
86. If given the opportunity, I would not visit the moon.
87. I can remember our phone numbers from 1977. They were 8892 and 5491. Yes, we had two.
88. The phone number at the DQ in Creston has been 782-2826 for over 30 years.
89. I find OCD helpful at times.
90. Dental procedures require me to use meditation to avoid nausea.
91. I still have my tonsils.
92. Wearing pantyhose can send me into orbit.
93. I’ve sewn 16 bed-sized quilts.
94. I named my Honda Odyssey-Agnes.
95. I failed Library Sciences.
96. I bit my toenails as a child.
97. I was anorexic in my early 20’s.
98. I am not (!) anorexic now.
99. I would love to see a live hockey game.
100. Best gift from my husband: Tickets to an Iowa State wrestling match. See #80.
Well, there you have it. Please don't ask why I chose these particular 100 facts, they're just the ones that came to me when I was writing. I'll bet I could make another list of 100 things that I don't want you to know, too, but don't hold your breath for that one.
1 comment:
You are so wacky but that is why I love you so much!
Post a Comment