Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What gets done around here?

Some days I go to bed feeling like nothing has been accomplished, so yesterday I wrote down everything I did. I was surprised at how much really does get done. Mondays and Wednesdays are always like this, since we go to town for Tae Kwon Do those days. Here's my list.
1. Made bed.
2. Made eggs and toast for breakfast.
3. Swept kitchen
4. Emptied dishwasher
5. Cleaned downstairs bath
6. Cleaned out toaster and toaster cupboard
7. Folded jeans
8. Dried and folded reds
9. Washed, dried, and folded lights
10. Cleared off top of dryer
11. Bagged charity stuff and took it to the van
12. Washed darks
13. SCHOOL, including A and S writing papers
14. Made lunch, including cutting a bunch of carrots
15. Bagged extra alfredo sauce and froze it
16. Cleaned up lunch
17. Made brownies
18. Talked to Betsy about rosaries, Playmobil and knitting
19. Made report card form on computer
20. Filled out 4 report cards and answered resulting questions
21. Ordered Melaleuca online--forgot the hand soap, rats!
22. Helped the neighbor kids call dad and get in their house
23. Filled the butter bell
24. Made chicken gravy
25. Pre-assembled supper
(Time: 4:09 pm)
26. Closed all blinds, turned on outside lights to leave
27. Gathered library books and took to van
28. Left for TKD
(Time: 4:35 pm)
29. Drove 30 minutes to town
30. Dropped off stuff at Goodwill
31. Went to library and got 22 books
32. Dropped off kids at TKD
33. Went to Wal Mart for bread, milk, eggs, and yarn
34. Waited at TKD for kids to finish
35. Drove 30 minutes home
(Time: 7:40 pm)
36. Unloaded groceries
37. Finished supper while kids took baths
38. Fed Sunnie
39. Looked at Civil War book with Theo
40. Ate supper
41. Cleaned up after supper
42. Set up dishwasher to run after midnight
43. Combed out A and S's hair
44. Swept kitchen (again)
(Time: 9:07 pm)
45. Sat down with Amy while she read a chapter to me
46. Worked on a knitting project while Amy read
(Matt arrived home- 9:46 pm)
47. Brushed hair for A and S and put into ponytails
48. Talked to Matt about the day
49. Finished knitting one project and started a new one
50. Checked locks and lights
51. Washed face and brushed teeth
52. In bed at 11:15--dead dog tired
I would call yesterday a successful day, and I will return to this post whenever I feel like I don't do much in a day's time!

3 comments:

Laura B said...

IMPRESSIVE - but also not out of the ordinary for a mom and wife! I think I may try this one day when I hear, "What exactly did you do today?"

Grandma Elaine said...

And I bet thinking back, quite a few things were left out!!! Love and prayers,

Teresa Sk said...

What a contrast . . .reading this blog and then g'mas blog about having nothing scheduled. Hard to believe that life can change so drastically in a little over a decade. . . .Won't be much longer than that and we will be empty nesters . . . .