Wednesday, February 4, 2009

More snow and why that's good

It started to snow last night around midnight and this morning we had about 3-4" on the ground. Nothing stuck on the streets, so no problems with travel. I've figured out why I like the snow here so much better--it hasn't got the complications of Iowa snow. Why is that, you ask?
I'm so glad you did, because I've thought about it and have it all figured out.

1. When it snows here, everything shuts down. Even today, the schools had a 2 hour delay, when the roads were clear. If everything shuts down, you don't have to deal with the snow, messy roads, or traffic problems caused by the snow.

2. When it snows here, it doesn't stay for weeks and weeks, and doesn't add up from multiple snows. If it does happen to stay for a few days, see reason number one: everything shuts down.

Think about that; if it snowed and everything shut down you wouldn't have to go out and deal with it. Then it melts that next day and life resumes as normal. Easy peasy. Really, it makes me like snow a lot better. The whole 2 month winter (NC) vs. 5 month winter (IA) makes it pretty simple, too. That, and the sun. It seems to shine at least 4 days out of 7 on a regular basis. It makes February seem a lot nicer. Score 1 for NC.

No comments: