Monday, October 15, 2007

This is all one big molehill

That is, my problems are molehills compared to what 2 of my dearest friends are living with today. I think I'm getting the message, God, and I will quit whining now.

First, please pray for my friend who did not receive good news at the Dr. today. She is facing surgery because it is the only real option in her case. There is a possibility of the "C" word coming up, and damn! she's too young for that crap. I have been where she is (on the surgery part) and it's just so hard to come to terms with. She has my prayers and love, and I so wish I could be with her and give her a hug today.

Second, my old, old friend Frannie emailed me today after a long time. We met YEARS ago and have always managed to stay in touch through a lot of changes in both of our lives. She is in Oregon and had married a wonderful man who was what she so truly deserved. Her email told me he died on Sept. 6th.. My heart is so sad for her. I cannot imagine the pain, the loss, the confusion, she must be feeling, and all so far away from home. (She moved out there from Iowa about 10 years ago). Frannie, if/when you read this--I love you--hang in there--I'm so sorry this has happened in your life.

So, like I said, I'm done whining, and I am determined to see this as an opportunity to get healthier and stronger so I can enjoy the life I have. It could change at any given moment, and then it could get really hard.

No comments: